This page provides a general specification of I2P configuration files, used by the router and various applications. It also gives an overview of the information contained in the various files, and links to detailed documentation where available.
An I2P configuration file is formatted as specified in Java Properties with the following exceptions:
- Encoding must be UTF-8
- Does not use or recognize any escapes, including '\', so lines may not be continued
- '#' or ';' starts a comment, but '!' does not
- '#' starts a comment in any position but ';' must be in column 1 to start a comment
- Leading and trailing whitespace is not trimmed on keys
- Leading and trailing whitespace is trimmed on values
- '=' is the only key-termination character (not ':' or whitespace)
- Lines without '=' are ignored. It does not store the key with a value of ""
- As there are no escapes, keys may not contain '#', '=', or '\n', or start with ';'
- As there are no escapes, values may not contain '#' or '\n', or start or end with '\r' or whitespace
The file need not be sorted, but most applications do sort by key when writing to the file, for ease of reading and manual editing.
Core library and router
Configured via /configclients in the router console.
Configured via /configlogging in the router console.
Individual Plugin (xxx/plugin.config)
Enable/disable for each installed plugin..
Configured via /configadvanced in the router console.
See documentation in SusiDNS.
Configured via the application gui.
Configured via the /i2ptunnel application in the router console.
The router console uses the router.config file.
See post on zzz.i2p.re.